Getting old in our society certainly has a stigma attached to it. It seems that it is not easy to grow old unless one is comfortable hearing about ”crow’s feet” and “wrinkles.” So it is no wonder that most of us are worried about both getting old and looking old. But getting old hardly means that you cannot be fit and fine. Instead of fighting the aging process, why not do our best to grow old gracefully? Taking care of yourself, having a positive frame of mind, and working towards maintaining a good appearance are things that can help every person age gracefully.
Growing old gracefully will have you taking care of your inner beauty as well as your outer appearance. To many people, advanced age means a host of illnesses, a shabby appearance, and even memory loss. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Of course, you can go through various cosmetic procedures that will lift any part of your body. Or you can try a variety of skin creams and potions that cost a life-savings, but how much real satisfaction will all that give you? Isn’t the whole point of looking good based on feeling good? You have to feel good about yourself first. The rest will follow.
Going organic is a great way of keeping your age at bay. Yes, that’s right. Choosing the organic way of life can help you overcome the obstacles that age places in front of you. Following are some of the best organic methods you can use to age gracefully and keep looking and feeling fabulous!
- There are two kinds of oils that can be superbly beneficial for you. One is castor oil, and the other is fish oil. Castor oil is an excellent organic home remedy for the skin. It keeps wrinkles away and provides the skin with a soft texture. Applying it regularly to the scalp has also been known to keep hair loss at bay. Fish oil, on the other hand, is great for the body. Taking a fish oil supplement everyday will help your concentration, and keep your faculties at their best.
- Organic honey is another delight for people who are aging. Honey applied directly onto the skin, especially under the eyes, is great for wrinkles and crow’s feet. Organic honey is one of the most powerful natural moisturizers on this earth, and it minimizes the appearance of wrinkles. Adding honey to your regular diet is also a good thing.
- Coconut may not seem like the most popular aging remedy but it actually should be. Use fresh coconut to produce coconut milk, and apply it onto your skin. It brings a glow to the skin and also provides moisture. Make sure you use fresh coconut and not store-bought coconut milk, as it may contain preservatives and other additives.
- Potatoes are another of nature’s ways to keep age at bay. Grind fresh potatoes and extract juice from them. Use this potato juice directly on the skin. Doing this regularly will make your skin free of blemishes, and you will notice less wrinkles as well.
- Pure and organic essential oils are also great for aging skin. Different kinds of essential oils are available at specialty stores. Sandalwood, rosewood, frankincense, geranium, and rose jasmine can work wonders for your skin. You can use them as a simple lotion to apply at night before going to bed.
- Milk is another natural way to ward off age wrinkles. You must use fresh milk , preferably from an organic farm. Store-bought carton milk will not do, as these contain chemical and additives.. Apply fresh milk on the skin, and let it dry naturally. Then pat the milk off with a warm cloth.
- Choosing to eat organic food products is also important. You can start your own organic garden to grow fruits and vegetables, or you can buy from organic stores. Eat organic, and you will stay young even as the years gracefully pass by.